A Case for Entrepreneurial Revelation with Alexandre Hohagen.
- 6:30-7:00pm – Registration & Networking
- 7:00-7:30pm – Keynote Interview moderated by Marco Giberti
- 7:30-8:00pm – Audience Q&A
- 8:00-8:30pm – Wrap-up & Networking
More about the Speakers:
Alexandre Hohagen (Speakers)
is an investor and board advisor with more than 20 years of experience in technology and media in Latin America, with a focus on US Hispanics.
Until June of this year, Hohagen was the Vice President for Facebook in Latin America & US Hispanics, a position he held since February 2011.
Before joining Facebook, Hohagen was responsible for initiating Google’s operations in Latin America; in fact, Hohagen is the first Hispanic to hold a VP position in both companies. Between 2005 and 2011, he led the company’s operations in more than 20 countries, with purview over offices in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru and Mexico.
Hohagen also held the position of Head of Global Sales in the U.S. and Vice President of advertising and e-commerce for UOL (Universo Online). He was also General Manager for HBO in Brazil, where he led the commercial area of their premium channels (HBO, Warner). In his early career years, he worked for Dow Chemical Company, Boehringer Ingelheim and ABN Amro Bank.
Alexandre was awarded “Top Tech Executive” in both 2008 and 2011, a title offered by the newspaper Valor Economico. The site Computerworld Brazil highlighted him as one of the 10 most influential executives in the technology sector, and the magazine Proxxima names Hohagen as one of the 10 most innovative executives in the country. In 2014, Exame Magazine appointed Hohagen as one of the most reputable executives in Brazil.
Hohagen also serves on the Advisory Boards of several international companies and has recently acquired one of the most innovative advertising agencies in Miami, Nobox, where he is acting as CEO.
Alexandre has a degree in journalism and advertising, a master’s degree in Human Resources from University of Sao Paulo and has completed people management courses at IMD (Switzerland), FGV (Brazil) and IIHR (Netherlands).
Marco Giberti (Moderator)
Marco is a successful entrepreneur and investor with more than 25 years of intensive experience in media, technology and the events industry. He is Founder and CEO of Vesuvio Ventures, providing early stage entrepreneurs access to coaching, partnerships, advisory and capital.
After several years in a successful career as a corporate executive at Apple, Marco pursued his entrepreneurial ambitions and became:
• Co-founder and Board Member of Mind Opener, a leading publishing group in Latin America that was later sold to British Pearson Media Group, and
• Co-founder and Board Member of e-mind, an internet and media communications company that was sold to Liberty Media.
• President, CEO and co-founder of Mind Trainer (later Reed Exhibitions), a firm specialized in the organization of major regional trade-shows and events that was sold to Reed Elsevier after a successful long-term joint venture.
Marco is a Harvard Business School OPM Graduate, and member of YPO, the Young Presidents Organization and a frequent speaker at industry conferences.