Shake up your approach to work or boost your skills with this exciting Girls in Tech Miami Design Thinking Bootcamp!
We’re proud to partner with McKinsey, Marsh, Nike, and McKesson to deliver an intensive, hands-on, 2-day design thinking workshop.
Expect to walk away:
- Knowing how to practically apply design thinking practices in the workplace.
- Feeling more confident thinking in-the-moment.
- With tactics and tools you can use straight away.
The course dives into design thinking theory and examples, with the opportunity to engage in a real-life design thinking challenge to test your newfound creative skills.
The requirements for participation and success in this Design Thinking intensive are threefold
- Personal: curiosity, patience, empathy, and an insatiable desire to problem-solve
- Social: group work, communication skills, and some interviewing of strangers (potential users)
- Technical: access to a computer and very minimal design skills(document layout & sketching)
What Should You Bring
Students should provide their own writing instrument, note or sketchbook, and wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
No previous design thinking or particular technical skills are required to attend this course!
2-day Program Timeline
Day One: Empathy to Insight & Problems as Opportunities
- Workshop 1: Design Research
- Example topics: Intro to design thinking; Design Research Methods; Empathy/Problempathy Mapping; Ethnographic Research Methods
- Participant workload: Interactive discussion; Conduct research; Report back
- Workshop 2: Ideation tools & tactics
- Example Topics: Problem Squared; How Might We? What if?
- Participant workload: Interactive Discussion; Group Co-creation Methods; Develop Research
Day Two: Insights to Action
- Workshop 3: Insight evaluation and activation
- Example topics: How Wow Matrix; Project planning; Impact measurement
- Participant workload: Project presentation by participants