Topic : Going Beyond VLOOKUP to Master Excel Formulas
Discount Coupon : Use this Coupon (NEW2COMPLIANCE) and get (10% Off) On New Signup
After participating in this informative webcast presented by Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, you’ll have the skills needed to go beyond Excel’s VLOOKUP function to master complicated formulas. VLOOKUP is the function many Excel users rely on to return data from other locations in a worksheet; however, utilizing VLOOKUP isn’t always the most efficient approach. David shares helpful tweaks you can implement with the revered VLOOKUP function and explains several alternatives, including the INDEX and MATCH, SUMIF, SUMIFS, IFNA, and IFERROR functions.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Comparing HLOOKUP to VLOOKUP for performing horizontal matches versus vertical matches.
- Contrasting the INDEX and MATCH combination to VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP.
- Diagnosing #N/A errors that arise when numbers are stored as text or when text contains extraneous spaces.
- Discovering how to use wildcards and multiple criteria within lookup formulas.
- Eliminating inputs that could cause VLOOKUP to return #N/A with Data Validation.
- Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
- Future-proofing VLOOKUP by referencing entire columns when available.
- Future-proofing VLOOKUP by using Excel’s Table feature versus referencing static ranges.
- Identifying situations where VLOOKUP may return #N/A instead of a value.
- Identifying the risks of the LOOKUP function in Excel.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learning about the IFNA function available in Excel 2013 and later.
Speaker Profile :
David H. Ringstrom, CPA Keynote Speaker at Ijona Skills. He is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively.
Contact Info :
Email : [email protected]
Phone : +1 302-830-3132