Now more than ever diverse small businesses owners need to be heard. With recent reports showing the effect of COVID-19 on businesses and the overall lack of diversity in venture funding for women and minorities, Omi (Founder/CEO of Black Girl Ventures) has teamed up with Visa & Truist to bring you “Pull Up and Pitch.” The virtual roadshow will feature proven minority entrepreneurs, entertainers, and thought leaders who will serve as guest judges. Small Business owners can join our virtual platform, hop on stage and shoot their shot with a 60-second elevator pitch to access up to $30,000 in grants to grow their businesses.
Imagine The Voice meets Shark Tank across 4 cities. No prior pitch experience is required. You do not have to be a tech company or classify yourself as a “startup.’ It’s time to normalize shooting your shot and expecting to win!
Virtual Roadshow Date: March 29 – Miami
How does the BGV Pull Up & Pitch event work?
- RSVP to pitch or watch
- Join to enjoy or “raise your hand” to let the host know you want to pitch
- Founders will pitch for 60 seconds to 3 legacy judges
- Each judge gets one vote (each vote is worth $500)
- If the Founder gets a vote from all three judges, they move on to Round 2
- Round 2 Founders pitch to Omi and a special guest judge for the chance to access a $5,000 grant
If you want to hear amazing women pitch their businesses, RSVP NOW. We can’t wait to see you there!
Got questions? We have answers! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: To be eligible for the prize, you must be a legitimate business, must identify as Black or Brown, and be based in the city we’re stopping in.