Knowing a VC’s perspective on how to evaluate an investment in a startup can be very beneficial if you are looking to raise capital. Come learn from TheVentureCity VP, Guillermo Cortina, who comes with more than 25 years of international experience, the key tactics to raising local and international capital. WHAT to do and what NOT to do!
This workshop will explore different resources available for fundraising, how to plan your finances, how to access investors and manage those relationships. We will also cover documentation and processes required throughout the fundraising process to prepare you for these conversations.
You will leave this session with:
- Type of information, data and metrics you needed to present in the capital raising process
- Knowledge needed to identify valuable investors, manage your fundraising timeline, define your investment agreements and manage intellectual property
- Understanding of the legal angle covering legal structure, jurisdiction, types of agreements and which type of counsel to choose
- Fundamental steps to efficiently manage negotiations with potential investors to ensure the best result
- Confidence to fundraise without losing control of your business
We will help you prepare for the “battle” and walk the road successfully.
About the instructor:
Guillermo Cortina, VP Bank TheVentureCity, has more than 25 years of international experience in mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity, equity and debt capital markets, strategic investments, corporate strategy development, risk management and finance. He has worked for Bank of America Merrill Lynch as an investment banker where he advised a large number of companies, especially in Latin America, helping them raise important amounts of capital in the US equity and debt securities markets.