Jose Li is an ambassador to South Florida’s Startup Community and the Founder of 71lbs.com, a “set-and-forget” SaaS solution that automatically provides fast and free FedEx & UPS shipping refunds addressing the billions of dollars that are left unclaimed every year.
Come hear how 71lbs –
- Grew from zero to a few thousand customers by trying and testing various customer acquisition tactics and metrics
- Built a seasoned Board of Directors and experienced Board of Advisors
- Experienced the long and difficult journey from bootstrapping to fundraising
- Was offered the first Miami Innovation Fund term sheet (and why he didn’t take it)
- Jose’s thoughts on next chapters in growth and funding
In addition to getting accepted to TechStars Chicago, 71lbs has raised capital from partners including –
- New World Ventures
- Tamiami Angels
- OCA Ventures
- Idea Fund Partners
Jose is no stranger to the press –
- Forbes: FedEx Probably Owes You Money
- BloombergTV: Democratizing Shipping
- TastyTrade Network: Bootstrapping
- Intuit.com: Money Section
Before starting 71lbs, Jose spent 15+ years on both sides of the shipping table: managing shipping/logistics for Jamba Juice, and running FedEx’s Retail & eCommerce practice. His experience also entails Alibaba.com, Exxon Mobil, Goldman Sachs and he has an MBA from Carnegie Mellon.
This is a paid event. Use promo code RFM25 to receive 25% off all categories of tickets.