In today’s age of technology and product development, developers are being tasked to understand UX, work more closely with designers, make interactive design decisions and be the ones responsible for bridging the gap between technology and design.
Furthermore, for product teams to remain competitive, every person in the product life cycle is responsible for maintaining the user experience. Developers included.
In this session, you’ll learn about the fundamentals of UX, how to think contextually and learn the impacts between technology vs. design. You’ll take away a deep understanding of UX, understand how development impacts the UX and be able to provide developer user-centric solutions to the team.
Lastly, we’ll conduct a hands-on exercise where we’ll be applying these techniques quickly and effectively.
This course will help you:
- Better understand UX and how to apply it in your everyday work
- Better understand how to bridge the gap between technology and design
- Understand the challenges developers and designers face
- Learn how to conduct quick low-cost user testing and rapid prototyping methods
- How to apply UX to your development practice or skillset.
Who should attend:
- Junior, Mid, Senior level developers looking to learn about UX
- Front-end / UX Developers
- Development Managers
- Project Managers
- QA Engineers
- Intro to Design Thinking and UX Fundamentals
- Thinking Contextually
- UX+DEV process overview – Understanding and working with designers
- Frameworks and challenges they pose (Designer and Developer Perspectives)
- Understanding Layout, Information Hierarchy, and Interactions
- UX Toolbox – User Testing and Rapid Prototyping Techniques
- Activity Session: Take an existing user interface or application and improve it.
The session will be a collaborative 8hr work session. We’ll be going over presentation slides and active discussions in the morning and will be conducting hands-on activities throughout the afternoon.