FAU Tech Runway recently hosted its annual Launch Competition, providing promising startups in South Florida with an opportunity to compete to join its year-long accelerator program.
Among the 20 companies joining its eighth Venture Class, seven of these will receive a $7,500 cash investment award.
The 20 winners representing community, faculty and student tracks were selected by a panel of judges, including successful entrepreneurs, technology investors, entrepreneurship professors, economic development professionals, philanthropists, and commercial bankers.
This year’s seven cash investment award winners are:
- Clearway Global: a medical foods company focused on sickle cell disease, an inherited blood disorder affecting hemoglobin.
- Lab in a Window: an educational technology platform for distance-based college-level engineering instruction.
- AerLogs: a SaaS-based data company that organizes maintenance, repair, and warranty information on a blockchain platform for the aviation and defense industries.
- Cloudsyte: a cloud-based supply chain automation platform for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Guident: an advanced artificial intelligence-assisted, remote tele-monitoring and control center for autonomous vehicles.
- OneTouch: a warehouse distribution solution for consumer product SKUs allowing for 100 percent automation, ensuring that each product is only touched once after initial receipt.
- LifeMetrics: an iOS app providing a daily questionnaire embedding psychology-based questions to enhance wellness, health, and productivity.
Also accepted into the free accelerator program, which includes co-working access, were: Emergent Healthcare; Imanyco; Polka Box; My Smart Uncle; HEALTHdrum.com; The Platypus; NEPTUNYA; DCMETRIX; SPods; TeleCare; GetSpeedBack; Cellucis; and FloraScentials.
“Entrepreneurs submitted a record number of applications and we can’t wait to work with this new group of entrepreneurs over the next year,” said Rhys L. Williams, managing director of FAU Tech Runway, a public-private partnership. “We are confident that this Venture Class will leave its mark as South Florida’s next generation of global entrepreneurs.”
Nearly 70 MIT program-trained mentors, instructors, and staff serve as mentors, trainers, and support professionals. In five years, 587 jobs and 199 internships have been created; 96 FAU students have been employed; $95 million in capital has been raised from all sources, and more than $109 million in revenue has been earned, Tech Runway said.
More information: techrunway.fau.edu.
Follow @ndahlberg on Twitter and email her at [email protected]
- 5+ things to know in #MiamiTech: An exit for a Miami newbie, where Miami ranks on global map, and more - September 24, 2021
- Miami blockchain fintech Securitize joins global Endeavor network - September 24, 2021
- The Startup Showdown is next week. The finalists competing for $120K are … - September 24, 2021