Unbound Miami returns for year two Oct. 30-31 at Mana Wynwood. Unbound expects up to 5,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, executives and community leaders to take part in the event that broadly focuses on connecting brands to innovation. Day 2 dives into Miami’s role in innovation, including as a gateway to Latin America, and regional cooperation.
While the highlight for many will be networking, we spoke with Allie Laurent, content manager for Unbound Global to get a rundown on panel discussions, speakers and experiences on the agendanot to be missed. She is the chief curator of Miami’s event.
- The Culture of Innovation panel: a diverse panel of speakers representing the U.S. Army, DHL, Subway and Verizon, bringing perspectives to how you can build an “innovation ecosystem” within your organization.
- How to Deviate — The Neuroscience of Seeing Differently: Laurent says this will be a unique talk by Beau Lotto of Land of Misfits about how the brain works to create perceptions and how you can apply that to life and your business.
- In an Elevator With … sessions: The spotlight will be on startups and Serge Elkiner of YellowPepper, Albert Santalo of 8base and Maxeme Tuchman of Caribu will be featured.
- Pitches: Eight female fintech founders will be pitching to Mastercard (and the Unbound audience) on Day 1. On Day 2, the Claro Start Up Showcase will feature selected startups delivering 3-minute pitches to a panel of VCs. “These pitches are always quite fun,” Laurent said.
- Keynote on Day 2 by Samuel Payne, creative lead at Google. Laurent doesn’t know what he will specifically talk about yet but it’s bound to be fascinating. He’s also led creative strategy for Intel, Volkswagen, Unilever and the Financial Times.
- Miami-focused panels that dominate Day 2, including ones on regional collaboration, universities and the investment landscape, and a fireside chat with Miami Mayor Francis Suarez.
For more information and tickets, go here. Unbound is offering a limited number of free tickets to women in tech (nearly 50 percent of the speakers are women too), and many partnering entrepreneurial organizations are giving out free tickets as well.
- Myko, an AI startup for sales and revenue teams, attracts seed round led by Khosla Ventures - February 27, 2024
- Endeavor Miami selects next EndeavorLab Latinx cohort. Let’s meet them. - February 25, 2024
- Global FII Priority summit puts ‘the New Miami’ in the spotlight, and AI tech is all the talk - February 23, 2024