TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations – from the startup to the enterprise – into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with usSome of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, tvOS)
You are excited about connecting the world and want to join a small team of ambitious technologists. You have a strong passion about building cool products and want to work somewhere where you’re trusted from Day 1. You appreciate the sense of ownership and being recognized and rewarded properly for all the work that you have done. You also have the strong desire of working directly with the founders who have world class experience on developing products from the ground up and launching them into the market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Elegantly bring designs to life by using cutting edge technologies and techniques
- Lead client-facing projects in small teams
- Take ownership of the quality and usability of your code
- Be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
- 3+ years professional experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- 2+ years of experience with Spring Boot
- Knowledge of different web application frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis
- Experience writing Cloud Native (12-factor) applications on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, RackSpace or similar platforms
- Preferred experience working directly with clients
- Able to travel and work out of client offices
- Strong communication skills in a pair programming environment
- Team Player: You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- System architecture and design
- Test Driven Development
WHY YOU WANT TO BE AT TRIBALSCALE
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped ABC News, CBS Radio, the PGA Tour, CIBC, AAA, and more.
- Our team led the mobile revolution and now, we’re pushing the boundaries with emerging technology and we’re transforming companies.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We live by our values, meritocracy, empowerment, and transparency, and we recognize that diversity is our strength.
Our mission is right the future and that’s what we’re doing, we’re making a dent in how the world innovates.
STAY HAPPY & HEALTHY
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Inkblot mental health partnership with subsidized counselling benefits
- GoodLife membership discounts
- Annual Professional Development budget
MAKE MEANINGFUL CONNECTIONS
- Friday Demo’s to show off your work
- Remote Activities: online contests, movie nights, group fitness and more!
- Social Events: Bonfires, casual drinks, sports nights and more!
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more!
TribalScale is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
TribalScale welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, age, citizenship, marital status, able-bodiedness or gender identity.
If you require accommodation for any reason, please let us know as we are more than happy to accommodate all.