We started Novo to challenge the status quo—we’re on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and we’re excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses — the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team that’s passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in NYC, Miami, and India for those that want to whiteboard in person
We are looking for an experienced Credit Strategist who understands how to develop and implement differentiated exposure and pricing strategies from the ground up. If you’re passionate about taking a unique approach to risk and leveraging unconventional methods to enable innovative financial solutions, then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
About the Role:
- erform credit analysis to develop recommendations that improve new customer underwriting (credit line assignment, and pricing) and customer management strategies (credit line increase/decrease, retention, repricing etc.).
- Develop a solid understanding of segment level valuations to optimize segment level policies.
- Collaborate with the credit business leaders, Product Management and Data Science to implement new credit strategies.
- Work closely with Data Scientists to leverage risk models in underwriting.
- Drive multiple analytical projects in a fast-paced environment through effective communication with peers and customers.
- Help in hiring, coaching, developing and mentoring credit analytics talent at Novo
- Facilitate monthly, quarterly, and annual business reviews for the credit and leadership teams.
Requirements for the Role:
- 10+ years experience with Loan Origination, Credit Risk Management, Credit Underwriting, Loan Underwriting, Lending Policies, Loan Review, and Credit Terms
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, computer science or other quantitative field
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Hands-on, results oriented, thrives when challenged
- Organized and collaborative
How We Define Success:
- Ownership and accountability for a winning credit underwriting strategy
- Continuous improvements to model and methodologies
- Team player; does their part without the ego
Nice To Have, but Not Required:
- Exposure to statistical and machine learning packages (i.e. pandas, numpy)
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience at a hyper-growth startup or fast-paced company
#LI-DB1 #LI-CC1 #LI-Hybrid
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.