Website Florida Funders
About Florida Funders
Florida Funders is a hybrid between a venture capital fund and angel investor network that
discovers, funds and builds early-stage technology companies in Florida. We exist to evolve
Florida from the Sunshine State to the Startup State by ensuring there is as little friction as
possible in the ecosystem, that investors have access to meaningful deal flow and
entrepreneurs have access to a wide range of accredited investors. Florida Funders educates
and ignites its community of investors and network of partners to drive investment in the most
exciting startups Florida has to offer. Our one of a kind angel investor network provides
transparency, fosters communication, and empowers strategic relationships between the
investor network and the founders. Our team is composed of serial entrepreneurs, venture
capitalists, and experienced angel investors singularly focused on uncovering Florida’s next
breakout technology company. To learn more, visit www.floridafunders.com
We’re a collaborative and goal-oriented team that enjoys discovering, funding, and building the
next generation of great tech companies in Florida. Each team member is core to the goals and
objectives of our business and is a valued member of the team, providing their insights, ideas,
opinions, and expertise to accelerate the impact of our organization. Join us and be part of a
team working to take Florida from being known as the Sunshine State to the Startup State.
The Florida Funders (FF) Director of Investor Relations: South Florida will be the primary
investor relations team member located in South Florida. The role will entail both discovering
and activating new investors in the South Florida area. The Director of Investor Relations: South
Florida will need to manage Florida Funders’ current South FL investors while continuing to
prospect for new investors. This is a full-time role, and this person will report to the VP of
Investor Relations at FL Funders.
- Work with your network of investors and new investors to introduce and activate them to
Florida Funders’ investment opportunities.
- Assist in the raising of Florida Funders’ committed capital funds.
- Assist in bringing on corporate partners and sponsors.
- Host investor events in South Florida with Florida Funders’ partners and investors
- Be the first point of contact with South Florida based investors when they sign up on the Florida Funders Portal.
- Become familiar with offerings to answer questions asked by potential investors within FF’s network.
- Assist in the raising of Florida Funders Funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Located in South Florida or willing to relocate to South Florida
- Minimal Experience: Finance, Business Development or Investor Relations
- Preferred Experience: Investment Banking, Venture Capital, Private Equity
- Proven track record of closing business and successful fundraising
- A self-driven individual that does not need to be actively managed
- Preferred: Series 65 FINRA License or plan to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Technology Uses: CRM, Microsoft Word, Google Docs
- Highly organized exhibiting the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships
- Ability to interface with professionals at all levels
- Excels in an entrepreneurial environment
- Self-Starter with ability to operate independently and exercise initiative using solid judgment and decision-making skills
- Prior founder or has experience working in a startup
- Proficient HubSpot or other CRM experience
- High sense of accountability, open to feedback, comfortable offering new ideas, creative
- Connections to the Florida startup community a strong plus
Status: Full Time
Location: South Florida (Miami)
Education: a 4-year college degree
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Benefits: health, dental, vision, paid time off
Travel: Periodic in-state travel as necessary
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Director of Investor Relations” in the
subject line, a copy of your CV, and why you’re an ideal candidate for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com