We started Novo to challenge the status quowere on a mission to increase the GDP of the modern entrepreneur by creating the go-to FinTech platform for small businesses (SMBs). Novo is flipping the script of the FinTech world, and were excited to lead the small business FinTech revolution.
We are looking for people of character. Pragmatic and capable people who want to see their work drive better outcomes for small businesses the backbone of our economy. You will join our team and work on the building blocks of everything Novo ships.
- Novo is a rapidly growing series B fintech startup with a mission-driven team thats passionate about helping every small business in America
- Positive, inclusive, supportive culture cheering you on your journey
- We work with very new technologies and architecture patterns
- We provide learning and development budgets to help you grow and bond with your team
- Hybrid work culture
- Offices in NYC, Miami, and India for those that want to whiteboard in person
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director of Strategic Finance & FP&A who understands how to drive material org decisions through financial insights. This role will oversee the Strategic Finance & FP&A team, report directly to the Head of Finance of Novo & collaborate with other members of the executive team.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with experience in building and growing teams. You will be asked to drive strategic analysis in a cross-functional organization across multiple product lines, geographies, and go-to-market motions. The right candidate will drive business insights and continuous improvement, bring a quantitative, data-driven mindset, and have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
If you're passionate about numbers or have an OCD for clear spreadsheets then we want to chat. Are you ready to revolutionize the small business banking industry with us?
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an in-office position located in our Miami, Florida office.
- Collaborate with executives to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Partner with other finance areas to support month-end close, flux review processes, and financial reporting
- Build and manage a high-performing Strategic Finance & FP&A team
- Work alongside our executive team to establish a strategic roadmap and growth targets for multiple business units.
- Create financial models, including forecasting, budgeting, and long-range planning
- Create internal & external executive reporting documents including board, close and other management presentations
- Analyze monthly results and/or trending data to support the monthly estimate and include risk and opportunity assessments
- Determine the appropriate processes, methodologies, variables, and modeling techniques to develop and deliver forecasts. Develop reports and monitor metrics for forecasting
- Refine data systems and tools to track performance, provide reporting solutions and enhance operational insights
- Develop key highlights/KPIs to drive business performance and track growth initiatives
- Assist in projects in support of strategy and business development initiatives
- Build outstanding and effective relationships with cross-functional teams
Requirements for the Role:
- 10+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated growth including 6+ years in Finance/FP&A
- Experience with a fast-growing company with scale
- Proven success serving as a change agent in a high-growth and scale environment
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on attention to detail while delivering against tight deadlines
- Highest of ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
- Strong track record of maintaining relationships and communicating with a wide range of partners
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
How We Define Success:
- Ability to influence the decisions of a company on a financial standpoint
- Ensure that analysts provide deliverables in a timely manner
- Strong financial planning and ability to accurately communicate revenue, growth, etc.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Public company quarterly close and reporting cadence
- Experience working in Fintech
- Experience with data analytics platforms (e.g. Looker/Tableau) and FP&A platforms (e.g. Workday, Pigment, Anaplan)
- Experience with data languages such as SQL or Python
- Experience working directly with executives
#LI-CD1 #LI-CC1 #LI-Onsite
Novo values diversity as a core tenant of the work we do and the businesses we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristic.