The Venture City
Who We Are:
TheVentureCity is a global early stage venture platform focused on making the entrepreneurial ecosystem more diverse, grounded in data, and fairly funded. Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, hyper-growth tech company executives, and operators who are committed to supporting founders in their journeys to build sustainable companies through product-led growth. We manage three funding vehicles among them a pre-seed and seed investment vehicle where we focus on being the first institutional ticket. We call this program the “First Ticket” program.
In “First Ticket,” we have invested in 79 early-stage pre-seed and seed startups. We know capital is not enough. We become an extended part of the each of the companies in which we invest and provide 1:1 support rooted in product led growth for 3 months. After this initial period, we continue supporting our companies through to exit with our in-house experts as well as with our +500 mentor and alumni network.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an energetic and strategic Head of Community to build relationships with our founders, mentors, and the broader tech community. This role is the heart of TheVentureCity, working hand in hand with founders to help them reach their goals through our extended network. This role will ensure our community is engaged. They will foster learning among founders and harness the power of our extended community of mentors and community members. The ideal candidate is excited about supporting startups and has prior experience as an operator or founder at an early-stage company.
– Engage and support our portfolio, leading processes that drive operational excellence
- Build, manage and grow TheVentureCity Network.
- Maintain a knowledge base of best practices for our founders, in partnership with members of the product, data, and people teams.
- Manage relationship with key partners providing up to 600KUSD of exclusive benefits to our founders.
- Define and execute an impactful mentor strategy.
- Develop feedback loops with founders to continuously raise the bar.
– Create and execute in person and online events
- Portfolio events focused on data, product, culture and growth.
- Mentor speed dating and matchmaking.
- Local dinners with ecosystem builders and prospective founders.
- Reverse pitch sessions with co-investors.
– Assist the Marketing & Communications team
- Define, write, and publish content highlighting Founders.
- Assist with recurring monthly newsletters.
- Plan team’s involvement at broader tech and industry events.
- 5 years of experience at a high-growth startup.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Scrappy, with a bias for action.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Seeing founders win, and helping big visions come to life is exciting for you.
- Community builder with an interest in growing networks. You see connections and won’t hesitate to make intros.
- Native English and fluent in Spanish.
Miami or Madrid.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance
To apply for this job please visit www.theventure.city.