Who You Are:
- You are diligent and meticulous.
- You are experienced. You’ve done it before or have an eagerness to learn about financial modeling, data analysis, and investment due diligence. You want to help reinvent ecommerce. Your experience will enable you to focus on the data points that matter most and help OpenStore avoid unknowns.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments. We are always challenging ourselves to improve. You will iterate with the rest of the team to build a more robust and more automated acquisition playbook.
- You take pride in your strong sense of ownership. Your ability to execute and eliminate blockers helps you and the entire company move fast with confidence.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll price companies. You’ll develop, refine, operationalize, and execute the pricing engine and strategy. You’ll think outside of the box to reinvent how companies are priced, combining both finance and big data.
- You’ll vet companies. You’ll evaluate a deal holistically and learn how to structure a M&A transaction. You’ll interface with sellers directly, guide them through the sale of their businesses, and when necessary, negotiate on OpenStore’s behalf.
- You’ll build automation tools. You’ll develop tools and frameworks that allow us to more accurately and efficiently price companies. You’ll build visualizations and leverage data to help surface and spot anomalies. You’ll correlate financial due diligence findings with prices.
- You’ll shape the acquisition strategy. You’ll evolve the acquisition strategy by feeding learnings and improvements into the playbook. You’ll refine, test, and iterate with the goal of developing robust, yet agile policies and processes.
- You’ll contribute to many areas. You’ll collaborate across many teams including Data Science, Product, Engineering, Finance, and Operations.
- You’ll grow and improve. You’ll be working with top-notch people who love to teach and learn. You’ll find yourself both teaching and learning, giving feedback and leading. Challenge your team as they challenge you. We all improve ourselves on a daily basis.
- You’ll be an owner. You’ll work together with smart and team-first people with the responsibility and freedom to execute. We’ll give you the space to execute and support to excel.
What You Have:
- 0-5 years relevant experience in finance, consulting, or accounting,
- Top-notch attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex processes from start to finish
- Prior SQL / Python experience a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, or computer science preferred but not required