Resilia is a fast growing, venture backed, mission-driven SaaS startup powering a digital transformation in the nonprofit sector. Our mission is to strengthen nonprofit capacity and help grantors scale impact through data-driven technology solutions. Resilia’s three SaaS-based products help nonprofits achieve tax exempt status, build capacity in pursuit of becoming high performing organizations, while enabling corporations and foundations to support nonprofits beyond grant awards. As a company, Resilia was named a Rising Star on the 2020 Forbes Cloud 100 list, VentureBeat’s Companies to Watch list and Sevetri Wilson, Resilia’s Founder and CEO, has been recognized in Inc Magazine’s 100 Women Building America’s Most Innovative Companies and Pitchbook’s top Black Tech Leaders list. For more information visit resilia.com.
Resilia’s offices are located in New Orleans and New York. While this position is fully remote, occasional travel to New York and New Orleans offices may be required, when it is safe to do so.
About the Role
As Resilia’s first Security Engineer, you will be pivotal in driving the organization’s security practices across our application stack, infrastructure, and internal operations. Across these 3 pillars, your stakeholders will be our users’ trust and privacy, our Engineering team’s developer experience, and enterprise customers’ compliance needs. You will need to bring experience and pragmatism to the role to strike a good balance between velocity and safety.
Cross-team collaboration is the backbone of our success at Resilia. The Security Engineer will work closely with our Product, Engineering and Solutions teams in incorporating the tools and practices across all of our operations. Ownership of the company’s security posture will require maintaining a high bar for data privacy and security, producing security reports for our Sales and Success teams and trust-building materials for our Marketing team.
Our nonprofit users’ data is extremely sensitive and thoughtful consideration needs to go into how we govern and protect their data and their teams’ access to our products and services. Our funders’ entrust us with their grantees and expect us to uphold the tenets of our product vision: truth, trust and transparency.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience hardening infrastructure while building in resiliency, advising product roadmaps to implement access controls, data protection, monitoring and alerting capabilities, and building trust with enterprise customers in a B2B setting.
This role has a direct impact on our nonprofit users, enabling them to utilize the true power of Resilia’s programs in a seamless manner and at the same time, playing a key role in helping nonprofits strengthen their operations, scale their impact, and communicate their work to their supporters and communities.
Reporting to the CTO, you will be an early and crucial contributor to Resilia’s growing Engineering team and work together on Resilia’s security posture.
- 5+ years in infrastructure or security engineering
- 2+ years experience working with enterprise customer-facing teams
- Ability to write clear, concise and accurate documentation
- Ability to coach and develop Engineering teams on best practices around writing secure code and addressing vulnerabilities
- Experience implementing internal and application access controls like SSO, 2/MFA, RBAC, etc
- Experience advising and overseeing a cadence of auditing, pen testing, and disaster recovery activities
- Experience securing cloud environments through WAF, RASP, etc
- Experience across multiple cloud providers, including but not limited to Heroku
- Experience in network protocols and technologies (TCP, UDP, firewall/iptables, VPCs, etc) a plus
- Experience implementing SIEM solutions a plus
- Knowledge of SOC2, CCPA and GDPR rules and Consent Management Platforms a plus
- Early stage startup experience a plus
- Experience or familiarity with nonprofits, foundations, government or corporate philanthropy a plus
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences and covering a wide range of topics from strategy discussions with leadership team to implementation details with engineers
- Ability to collaborate and support various stakeholders including those with different backgrounds, life experiences and expertise
- Pragmatic and curious engineer who is a self-starter
- Strong bias for action
- Motivated and comfortable in a fast paced startup environment
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills gives you the ability to take complex problems and distill them into discrete concepts
- Passion, humility, humor, integrity, positive attitude, and mission-driven
Compensation & Benefits
Why Resilia? Resilia powers the people changing the world.
Resilia is an inclusive and welcoming workplace where our team thrives on collaboration, creativity, innovation, and fun. We are proud to offer competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including unlimited PTO, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401k program, mental health support, a healthcare advocate, short-term disability, and commuter benefits, with potential for equity stake in a fast growing company.
Resilia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Every year, foundations and corporations award nearly $100 billion in grant deployments in the US alone. Such deployments play a major role in addressing some of society’s biggest challenges, spanning social justice, pandemic response, environmental protection and everything in between. Yet the impact of this funding remains loosely captured, or at worst, untraceable. Additionally, 60 percent of nonprofit professionals say they don’t use data to make decisions and more than one-third of nonprofits say they’re incapable of gathering data on the impact of their programs. Resilia aims to close the funding deployment-impact tracking loop and empower nonprofits through data and capacity building through a combination of technology, analytics, and human capital.
Resilia’s Formation program empowers brand-new nonprofits to achieve tax exempt status while enabling annual compliance. Our Nonprofit program provides capacity building support in fundraising, board management, program management and the collection of data. Finally, our Funder program enables funders to strengthen their grantees through on-demand technical assistance while helping them capture and communicate stories of impact.
With a first-to-market solution and a team of builders with extensive startup, nonprofit, and corporate experiences, Resilia is democratizing technology to solve some of the social good sector’s biggest legacy challenges, while re-defining the notion of technology for good.
To apply, click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org