Website OnChain Studios
Work Location: Anywhere
We’re looking for an experienced and well-rounded Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing engineering team. We’re building the future of Toys and Gaming and want your super powers to help us bring the OnChain Studios brand to life through outstanding web experiences.
OnChain is a US-based, digital collectible toy company and game development studio dedicated to fostering a first-class, fully remote work environment. We care more about ensuring the people we hire are amazing and well-supported than how easy it is to stuff them into an office building. This approach allows us to focus on building great teams first (because that’s the only way to actually make great games), and if that sounds exciting to you, then we’d love to have you join us, so get in touch!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the evolution of our front-end architecture as we bring the OnChain Studios brand to life.
- Build compelling, intuitive, and accessible UIs using the web platform (e.g. HTML, CSS, JS) and a modern front-end stack (e.g. React, Typescript).
- Work with cross-functional teams to inform design and product decisions based on technical feasibility.
- Create engaging and interactive prototypes using frontend technologies, including visual effects, graphic design templates, and data visualization.
- Ensure code meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment through code reviews.
- Be a force-multiplier by mentoring junior and intermediate engineers and contributing improvements to the code base, both specific to your team as well as outside your team (e.g. component library).
We’re excited if you have
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape)
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfortable in an agile software development process – emphasis on the lowercase “a” 🙂
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills and clear status updates
- Self-motivated with great organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
What It Takes To Be Successful
- An understanding of UX design principles and the ability to advocate for the best user experience while maintaining technical feasibility
- A commitment to writing solid code coupled with an innate pride in its quality.
- Self-motivation coupled with a strong sense of ownership and desire to learn/adapt.
- The ability to search out the right problems to solve, and a drive to solve them.
- A desire to make yourself and the team around you better.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
In addition to a competitive salary we include:
- Health Savings Account
- Stock Options
- & more!
💌 Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’d be a good fit!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com