What You’ll Do
- Partner with digital project planning, guide teams to build project briefs, identify objectives, deliverables, and work efforts, establish priorities, and schedule team projects.
- Build and maintain production workflows in our CMS, including QA, page building, and maintenance. Serve as the key subject matter expert on the CMS and look for ways to increase efficiencies within the CMS for the team.
- Together with the engineering team, you will own the tech stack through CMS that supports the QuickNode.com site. Understand all the inner workings and recommendations to keep the tech stack at enterprise levels.
- Maintain the CMS auditing. This would include users, roles and permissions, component audits, etc.
- Build and oversee the globalization of the site. Work with engineers for localization needs, guide the translation work with the appropriate team(s), streamline, and look for efficiencies that would lead to best-in-practice international lead generation.
- Partner closely with web engineers, design teams, and project managers for initiative execution and time management. Main stakeholders include but are not limited to PMOs, design and engineering leads, team managers, initiative and project owners, and cross-functional levels.
- Provide strategic guidance in best practices and recommendations to meet the goals of our stakeholders. Communication with creative, content, product, social, and development teams supporting QuickNode.com and other digital properties will be key.
- Participate and contribute to strategic and project planning meetings, becoming the voice of the digital production team. Identify challenges and offer solutions keeping in mind prioritization and schedule constraints.
- Manage and work with third parties as needed to execute QuickNode.com projects.
- Make web ops look easy! You will need to translate complicated technical terminology and processes to non-digital stakeholders, building and maintaining confidence in the knowledge and ability of the team.
- Maintain a centralized location housing all web ops workflows, training, governance, and process documentation.
- Participate in the digital experience and user journeys. Identify areas of improvement and take action to better the digital experience with a lead generation perspective always at the forefront.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of professional experience in web design and management in an enterprise-level environment.
- 1+ years as a people manager.
- Expertise with headless CMS environments and the ability to jump in as an individual contributor and support the team’s questions.
- Front and back-end SEO knowledge required.
- Experience in running project management systems in an agile environment, balancing capacities across the team. You must balance multiple and often competing project efforts while managing expectations throughout the organization.
- Experience synthesizing site strategy for large websites with legacy content and localization requirements.
- Strong time management, organization, problem-solving, follow-through, and interpersonal skills.
- Make decisions based on executive and organizational priorities for the team within a fast-paced environment. Experience with project management techniques and tools to scope, prioritize and coordinate, support team prioritization, and communicate changes and completion within a larger organization.
- Communication and presentation skills are a must. You will be up-leveling status reports, needs and challenges, project completions, and project/partner guidance.
- Manage cross-functional training to ensure there are backups to all systems.
- Web design experience is a plus!
- Experience with Drupal is a plus!