Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
Engineering – The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join the Experimentation platform team. This includes building the infrastructure for feature-flagging, running A/B tests, multivariate testing, event instrumentation, developing statistical engines and integration for measuring impact and analysis. This is the opportunity to join as the founding engineer of this team and make a huge impact. You would be collaborating with data scientists, platform engineers, product managers and customers which includes growth, mobile, risk engineering and various product teams within Brex.
- Design and develop the infrastructure required for supporting the back-end services and front-end teams at Brex to use feature-flagging, A/B testing, multivariate testing, derive statistical significance for experiment analysis, integrate events, monitor the impact on metrics and get alerted.
- Actively participate in customer onboarding by engaging with different stakeholders like Mobile platform, Risk and Fraud-data science, Cash/Card and Spend management teams, Growth org and drive the adoption of the platform.
- Develop client SDKs, integration with Segment/Amplitude, event-processing pipeline for metric computation, connection with data-warehouse.
- Develop the platform experience for running experiments which includes programmatic way of defining flags and configurations, approval workflows, integration with CI/CD, implementing reliable metrics pipeline, configurable dashboards, automatic monitoring and alerting systems.
- You will be responsible for developing, cultivating and nurturing the “culture of experimentation” within Brex.
- You have worked on building and scaling an experimentation platform at your previous company for at least 2+ years.
- Experience developing backend services and tools in any one of the following languages – Kotlin, Golang, Elixir, Python.
- Experience in two of the following – 1) Data Engineering 2) Developing microservices and client SDKs 3) Front-end technologies 3) Data analysis
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, data scientists to help them run the experiments effectively, debug issues, measure and analyze the impact and adopt best practices.
- Experience building integration with different vendor platforms, implementing scalable and modular libraries and services to abstract away vendor specific workflows.
- Experience implementing the infrastructure to instrument and process events from different services in batch and streaming fashion.
- Understanding of workings of large scale data storage and processing systems like Airflow, Kafka, Snowflake, Redis etc.
- Experience communicating with different stakeholders to understand their requirements and implement the solutions, construct best practices, implement guardrails, collaborate with internal customers to maintain the bar of excellence when it comes to running effective experimentation before shipping products/features.
- You have experience of developing libraries and tooling for developers working in react-native, android, IOS, website CMS systems.
- You have a background in statistics, data-analysis and causal inference.