Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
The Data Platform team makes data and data products accessible to Brex for both customer-facing apps and internal stakeholders and empower data scientists with brilliant tooling. Metrics Platform is a subteam under Data Platform managing Brex’s canonical datasets, batched data replication, data tagging framework and data quality framework.
- Design, validate and implement robust curated data pipelines that serves as canonical references for all teams across Brex
- Design and build a user-friendly data quality platform and a data tagging framework so data scientists, analytics and engineers can easily deploy tests and understand sensitivity and context of data available
- Design and improve in-house replication framework, and vendor solutions for data ingestion
- Advocate and maintain data documentation coverage to increase the effectiveness of Brex’s internal data catalog
- Work closely with analysts and data scientists to deeply understand business problems and be a guiding voice in data solutions
- Maintain a strong data driven culture within the company by interacting with diverse internal functions.
- Experience building and maintaining curated production data pipelines with data governance processes in place
- Experience with data pipelines and data warehousing solutions, such as Big Query and Snowflake.
- Experience with job orchestration frameworks, such as Airflow
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with software engineering development cycles
- Experience working with backend programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python)
- Ability to hold yourself and the team to high standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with using data tagging solutions or building it from scratch
- Experience with using data quality solutions or building it from scratch
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach
- Experience as a project lead