What you’ll be doing:
- Designing and building LULA’s Data Platform used by insurance and product teams
- Build data pipelines that are reliable, efficient, testable, & maintainable (with Fivetran, Talend, Matillion, Apache Airflow or similar)
- Design our data models for optimal storage and retrieval and to meet critical product requirements
- Understand and influence logging to support our data flow, architecting logging best practices where needed
What you’ll bring to the team:
- At least 8 years of experience in data engineering
- Technologies (dbt, BigQuery, Redshift, Postgres)
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with custom ETL/ELT and programming/scripting language experience
- Demonstrated experience using a data visualization tool such as Looker or Tableau to visualize and model raw data sets
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architecture, and data sets
- Experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced startup environment
At LULA, we’re a people-first organization that does right by our customers and our employees. In order to build insurance infrastructure that works for all modern businesses, we want LULA to reflect the diversity we’re working to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people.