Strategic Finance & Planning Associate
OpenStore is Keith Rabois’ Miami-based Series B startup valued at reportedly more than $750M just seven months after founding. OpenStore is reimagining the future of e-commerce. Today, we’re building the technology and team to identify, value, acquire and scale long-tail e-commerce brands. We envision a future where emerging e-commerce brands have access to instant liquidity for their businesses and where consumers have ready access to the best, small-brand products.
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of experienced founders, operators, and software engineers who saw a chance to change the e-commerce landscape. We have grown our team 5x in size within the first year. We’re eager to continue expanding our team with humble achievers committed to excellence. OpenStore is founded by Keith Rabois, Jack Abraham, Michael Rubenstein, Matt Lanter and Jeremy Wood who bring a successful track record and expertise.
We are seeking a Strategic Finance & Planning Associate. As a part of the Finance team, you’ll be a steward of our financial health and ensure our ability to hit company targets. Your work will support mission-critical decisions and drive company strategy. You’ll build complex financial models and analyses to optimize and grow our portfolio brands.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a deep understanding of key performance drivers to effectively model portfolio brand performance and inform strategic and financial decisions
- Collaborate with the Finance team to scale and improve its processes supporting the ambitious portfolio growth
- Develop insights and recommendations from analyses to identify new opportunities for growth as well as optimizations to our current portfolio businesses
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as well as drive longer-term projects
- Collaborate cross-functionally throughout the company including with our Pricing, Operations and Corporate teams to synthesize many data points into digestible plans
- Drive long-range planning, partnering with Team Leads and driving accountability
- Deliver high-impact materials for Board of Directors meetings and actively participate in fundraising and investor relations
- Develop monthly/quarterly forecast processes and lead reporting of results that enable ongoing planning and resource allocation decisions across all operational areas
What We Look For
- 2-5 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or consulting
- Prior operational experience at a high growth company is a plus
- Proven ability to scale manual processes into more automated ones
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets and SQL skills are required
- Prior experience with data visualization tools is a plus
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Proven ability to synthesize information from large datasets, generate insight, and effectively communicate with senior leaders
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
At OpenStore we believe that in order to recruit great people, we should create a great workplace. With that in mind we have made sure to provide a fun, exciting environment that encourages creativity and allows for growth.
OpenStore is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer where we welcome and celebrate differences. We are committed to providing a workspace that is safe and inclusive, where everyone feels supported, connected, and inspired to do their best work.
Employment is conditioned upon proof of full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. OpenStore will comply with the applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.