Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career. It takes the same effort to dream big or dream small, so we say, dream big.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
As a Technical Writer at Brex, you’ll work closely with data scientists and engineers in the data team to strategize and maintain the source of truth data knowledge, such as internal knowledge repo (FAQs), structured and free-form documentation, as well as our technical blogs. You’ll be a crucial part in data operation and increasing the productivity of the entire data team.
- Partner closely with data platform engineers and data scientists to craft intuitive data user experiences with robust and well maintained documentation and guidelines
- Help create and evolve our internal writing style guide and user instructions guide
- Owner of data knowledge repo, curating the contents from questions asked within the team, validating answers, deduplicating FAQs, ensuring the answers are up-to-date
- Owner of data catalog documentation, improving the coverage, accuracy and ensuring documentation is up to date
- Owner of data blog publishing process, be responsible for the final edits for blog readability and compliance aspects
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in documentation and writing in a data related discipline
- Passion for process improvement and development
- A portfolio including, but not limited to user guides for data tools, style guides, data related blogs
- 4+ years of technical writing, content design or other writing experience
- Past experience in a data related role, such as data analytics, data engineering, data infrastructure, business intelligence, data program management