For Miami-Dade residents who have lost their jobs because of COVID-19, Wyncode and CareerSource South Florida, the county’s workforce development agency, have partnered to provide $15,000 grants to cover full tuition to the technology training academy. The program aims to equip participants with the skills and hands-on experience needed to build long-term, meaningful careers in technology.
CareerSource will fund $10,000 and Wyncode Academy will match the remaining $5,000 of each scholarship granted as part of their efforts to help those affected by COVID-19. This scholarship is applicable towards Wyncode’s Full-Stack Web Development program, designed to teach cutting-edge technology skills in the fast-growing field of full-stack web development.
Students in this program will join Wyncode’s upcoming cohorts, scheduled to begin on April 20 and July 6. All Wyncode programs are taking place remotely via Zoom until further notice, with live instruction and participation on Wyncode’s regular schedule.
Eligibility for the education voucher will be determined by CareerSource South Florida. Eligible applicants must be:
- Miami-Dade residents
- Registered on Employ-MiamiDade.com
- Have registered their unemployment or meet the income requirements
- Completed their Wyncode Academy admissions process
- QuickNode raises a $35M Series A round led by Tiger Global - October 27, 2021
- Brave Health raises $10M Series B, expands national footprint - October 26, 2021
- SoftBank committed to invest $100M in Miami startups. It’s now at $250M – and counting - October 26, 2021