Join Flatiron School as one of our data science instructors demonstrates how to build a simple disease prediction model.
According to the CDC, heart disease is the leading cause of death for people of most racial and ethnic groups in the United States. In this workshop you will learn how to build a simple disease prediction model for Coronary Heart Disease using Machine Learning.
What you’ll learn:
– About exploratory data analysis,
– How to create meaningful data visualizations
– The basics of training a model
– How to build three ML models (Decision Tree Classifier, RandomForest Classifier, Support Vector Classifier)
– How to evaluate the highest performing model
Who is the workshop for?
This is a guided project and is intended for anyone as a way of introducing the concepts of Machine Learning. The steps are easy to follow and no prior experience is required. Come ready to learn and have fun!