About This Class
Navigate Apple’s iOS ecosystem — and build your own simple app.
Step into the world of mobile development with General Assembly. During our iOS-focused introductory workshop, take a closer look at Apple’s mobile ecosystem and learn about the processes and tools that bring successful apps to life. Whether you have an idea for an app or are simply curious about opportunities in the field, you’ll:
- Walk through the fundamentals of the app development process.
- Explore history and trends in iOS development.
- Survey developer tools including Xcode (an integrated development environment), Swift (Apple’s open-source programming language), Playground files, and more.
- Find out about the skills iOS developers leverage to succeed in their careers.
- Apply what you’ve learned to build a basic iOS app.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off and become a job-ready developer our 12-week, full-time iOS Development Immersive program.
Explain relevant history and trends in iOS development. Identify key skills leveraged by IOS developers. Survey the common tools used within the iOS ecosystem. Apply key concepts and skills to build a basic iOS application.
Bring a Mac laptop and optional iOS testing device. Download and install the latest version of Xcode. A thirst for knowledge!
Technical Considerations: A Mac laptop is required for this workshop! Students should install the latest version of Xcode ahead of time. Students should have some basic technical aptitude, orientation to computers, and the curiosity to learn new tools.