As we rapidly approach the 10th anniversary of The Wolf of Wall Street, Miami web3 startup LALA today will release a series of digital collectables based on the Martin Scorsese blockbuster hit. This collection, LALA’s first after having launched its platform in May, comprises 2,225 collectables divided into three pricing tiers: $99, $199, and $499.
Owners of these NFTs will receive a printed version of the artwork, discounts on branded merchandise, and more. They will also get a small percentage of revenue from The Wolf of Wall Street each year. Founder and CEO Hiram Vazquez told Refresh Miami that owners can expect something between a couple cups of coffee to a couple of movie tickets per year, depending on the tier. “This is really about creating a deeper connection with the movie.”
Vazquez believes that the web3 space needs to prioritize UX. “It should be less so about ‘this is built on NFT technology or the Ethereum blockchain,’ and more about abstracting it away from the technology and creating a solid fan experience.”
Founded in 2022, LALA is building the world’s first digital collectible marketplace where fans can own royalties from movies and TV shows. This spring, the startup raised a $3 million seed round from Alexis Ohanian’s venture capital firm, Seven Seven Six.
For now, the four-person team is excited to keep innovating. “This is a very important industry that tells so many amazing stories,” said Vazquez. “So being able to make a positive difference and help it operate more efficiently is a challenge that I’m excited about working on.”
READ MORE ON REFRESH MIAMI:
- Digital collectible marketplace LALA launches with $3M from Seven Seven Six
- Web3 startup Nifty Bridge is helping brands build deeper connections to customers
- Cross-chain web3 startup Cosmic Wire raises $30M
- Gaming’s fun. And with Gamercraft, it’s also profitable – and fair - September 21, 2023
- TicketRev inks deal with Marlins enabling fans to pitch their own price for tickets - September 20, 2023
- TeselaGen’s AI-powered platform enables biotech innovation to happen faster and at scale - September 20, 2023